Fall

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Cupcakes

I took a Valentine's cupcake class over the weekend at Sur La Table . It was a two hour class and we baked three kinds of cupcakes. I don't think I should publish the recipes here ( copyright issues, not sure, why take a chance!), but they turned out great. The frostings were to die for, specially the Orange Cream cheese frosting. It was full of orange zest and absolutely citrus-y and delicious. Here's what we baked:
> Red Velvet cupcake with Orange Cream cheese frosting
> Devil's Food Chocolate cupcake with Pink Butter cream frosting (and the pink was not food coloring, but a strawberry puree. Yum!)
> Vanilla cupcake with milk chocolate frosting

The instructor was good, funny and shared lots of information on good baking tips etc. It was a fun class and I am looking forward to trying out one of these recipes at home next weekend for Valentine's day. Right now, I am thinking the Red Velvet cupcake. Just because the frosting was out of this world. But then again, I am a chocoholic, so it might be the Devil's Food chocolate cupcake!

1 comment: